Tuesday 3 February 2009

Non-dairy vegetarian diets versus Amanda Cross' low Gi diet


Found this blog called Pace and Kyeli while messing about on the internet.

It's about a couple of people who are trying to be non-dairy vegetarians for three months. The writer, Pace, says some interesting things about cheese - When I stopped eating dairy, I felt better, more clear-headed, more compassionate, and I had more energy."

I have to disagree with this completely. I recently decided to lose weight and struggled to find a diet to suit me. Weight Watchers was ok but working out all the points could be a nightmare.

Slimmers' World was rubbish for me because red days (where you lose the most weight) are difficult when they advised so much meat.


I settled on Amanda Cross's low GI diet book . It was tough at first because I got headaches and fatigue but after a while I felt a lot better. It was amazing how much energy I had from eating such high levels of protein.

It was really difficult to eat as much as the diet required but I would recommend it to fellow vegetarians. High protein definitely made me feel better - less bloated, chubby and stodgy.

One last thing - I now find that if I eat something like pasta then I crave it for days afterwards but if I avoid it I can live without it easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment