Monday 15 February 2010

I'm a Celebrity...king of the jungle celebrity chef Gino D'Acampo's vegetarian Eggs with Mediterranean Vegetables in Tomato Sauce recipe so good

As I've said before, I'm no cook. However, I'm trying at the moment because I'm doing that "low carb" diet again so bunging noodles in the microwave just won't cut it.

I found this brill recipe in Gino D'Acampo's book Fantastico! (£8.31 on Amazon)

It's called Eggs with Mediterranean Vegetables in Tomato Sauce (not exactly inventive) and is super easy, especially with my cheeky cheap cheat.

Instead of messing with all the fresh vegetables (because I was busy not lazy...honest) I got a tin of organic vegetables, which worked great. (I'm sure fresh veg is nicer and healthier though.) Anyway...enough chatting..here's the recipe from Gino's website.

But first...here are pictures of my attempt. Doesn't look too bad? It was really filling and super tasty. I recommed it.

Eggs with Mediterranean Vegetables in Tomato Sauce

Serves 4

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, sliced
3 medium courgettes, roughly chopped
1 large yellow pepper, roughly chopped
400g tinned chopped tomatoes
5 fresh basil leaves
50g pitted Kalamata olives
4 medium eggs
70g freshly grated Cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper

Preparation:
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion, courgettes and pepper until soft and browned, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, add in the tomatoes, basil and olives. Cook, uncovered, over a medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the water from the tomatoes is well reduced.

Meanwhile, preheat the grill. Make four slight hollows in the tomato mixture and very gently break one egg into each. Sprinkle over the cheese and cook under the grill for about 10 minutes or until the eggs are set as you like them.

Serve immediately with warm crusty bread. (Not so great on the low carb diet but nevermind.)

Enjoy x

No comments:

Post a Comment