Tuesday 2 March 2010

Hollywood celebrity Drew Barrymore says being a vegetarian makes her a "picky eater"

BEAUTIFUL Drew Barrymore has said being a vegetarian makes her a fussy eater.

I absolutely and completely disagree with the idea that people are fussy eaters simply because they are vegetarians.

According to ABS CBN News she said: "I'm a bit of a picky eater, but that's because I'm a vegetarian.

"I'm like a typical American teenager when it comes to my favorite foods! I love peanut butter with bananas. That's my favorite. I like grilled cheese sandwiches and I love homemade macaroni with cheese."

I'm a vegetarian and I'm a million times less fussy than most meat eaters I know. I will eat anything but meat and fish.

Surely that makes me a very unfussy eater and I bet there are tons of vegetarians just the same.

Surely people who think of vegetarians as fussy have a lack of culinary imagination.

End of rant. Back to work.

Ps. Read the whole Drew Barrymore article here

2 comments:

  1. I hate being labeled a fussy eater due to my vegetarianism. I actually have a wider and more diverse diet than most of my meat eating friends, because I am willing to explore the many alternatives there are out there, whilst they just stick to chicken and burgers! But still I get branded awkward. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gillian: I completely agree and I've experienced exactly the same thing.

    ReplyDelete