Tuesday 16 March 2010

Irish recipes: St Patrick's Day vegetarian style (of course Guinness is involved)

I know it's really about Guinness and dancing but I thought I'd gather together a few traditional St Patrick's Day recipes - vegetarian style.

The vegetarian society website have a few good ones as well as other sites. I've never cooked for St Patrick's Day but I might try making the Guinness and Tofu stew.

- COLCANNON which involves potatoes and cabbage

- VEGGIE POT PIE> which is also gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free and vegan

- CHAMP which involves onion and (more) potatoes

- MOCK 'CORNED BEEF' AND CABBAGE this looks really tasty

- ST PATRICK'S SOUP which involves lots of veg and oatmeal

- BOXTY this has cooked AND raw potatoes involved

- VEGGIE SHEPHERD'S PIE bit of a complicated recipe but looks like it could be worth it

- IRISH COFFEE one of my favourites

- GUINNESS AND TOFU STEW I really want to try this one

If you've got any St Patrick's Day recipes send them to me and I'll add them to the list...x

No comments:

Post a Comment