Monday 22 December 2008

Being a vegetarian can prevent heart disease and cancer?

Just found this article called Three Health Advantages Of A Vegetarian Diet. It's really interesting.

The blogger splits it into three sections: heart health, skin health and increased natural consumption of antioxidants.

I think what some people don't understand is: being a vegetarian is more than just not eating meat.

I recently tried to lose weight by doing a low carb diet - it was so hard to do as a vegetarian.

I had to be so organised. It also made me realise that as a veggie, it's so easy to pig out on carbs - pizza, pasta, bread etc...

I thought of myself as a healthy vegetarian but I didn't eat enough protein.

Give the article a read - it recommends more nuts, soy milk and seed oils among other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment