Wednesday 10 December 2008

Vegetarian nightmares at Disney World and Denny's

I've been a vegetarian for more than 20 years and in that time I've taken the bad eating out experiences with the good but a recent fortnight's holiday in Florida took the biscuit (not made with lard, obviously).

I won't rant about every bad experience I had in that two weeks in one go but I wanted to explain what finally led me to start this blog.

I wanted to encourage a community where people can share their experiences (good and bad) of living without meat or fish. I wanted to create a forum where people can come for advice and support because it can be hard.

I wanted to make a space where people can enjoy, even relish, being a vegetarian because sometimes it feels as if it's treated as a flippin' disability.

Anyway - that's a quick introduction. In my next post I'll share some of the awful service I had to endure in America last month from endless Chicken Salads (hold the chicken) to ham in my "Veggie Omlette".

Bet you've all been there.

Jo x

No comments:

Post a Comment